Al Zubarah Fort
Al Zubarah Fort, located 105 kilometers from Doha city, was built in 1938 during the reign of Sheikh Abdullah bin Jassim Al Thani. Constructed by Qatari hands, its design considered its primary purpose: monitoring and defending the western coast of Qatar. It served as a base for the border guards. In June 1986, it was renovated and turned into a regional museum dedicated to the Zubarah area and its archaeological sites. The fort is square-shaped, each side measuring 24m in length. It has four corner towers, three of which are circular, and the fourth is rectangular. These towers are topped with crenellated parapets resembling tree leaves.