Al Ghuwair Fort
Al Ghuwair Fort is approximately 85 kilometers northwest of Doha on the Qatari peninsula. The fort’s location is a lowland, collecting rainwater during the winter season. Overlooking from its southern side are the ruins of Al Ghuwair. The current structure is believed to date back to 1850. Al Ghuwair Fort is distinguished by its vast space, thick walls, and shooting openings. Limestone, abundant at the site, was used for construction. Roughly 35% of the original structure remains, mainly due to natural factors like temperature variations, increased humidity, winds, and seasonal rains, all prominent deterioration causes.